On 26 February Railway Minister Shri Suresh Prabhu presented Rail Budget of 2015. Here is the summary of Indian Rail Budget 2015 that is based on the theme of Swachh Bharat Mission, Digiral India and Make in India initiative by prime minister Shri Narendra Modi.
Summary and Highlights of Rail Budget 2015:
- There is no increase in the rail fares for passengers.
- Rs. 8.5 lakh Crore will be invested in Indian Railway in the next 5 years.
- Wi-Fi facility will be given to all A1 and A category stations in first phase and also in B category stations in the next phase.
- Railway tickets could be booked in 4 months advanced.
- Railway complaints could be logged on hotline no 138.
- Mobile charging facility will be provided in general class coaches also number of charging points in sleeper class will be increased.
- Bio and vaccum toilets will be installed in trains.
- The train speed will go up to 200 Km/Hr on 9 railway corridors.
- Surveillance Cameras will be installed in ladies compartments without compromising on privacy.
- Satellite railway terminals will established in the major cities.
- A multi lingual e-ticketing portal will be developed.
- Feasibility study of high speed bullet trains between Mumbai and Ahmadabad in advance stage and report expected in the mid of this year 2015.